Like this page!

24 May, 2013

hunger and halfway home

Hunger & Halfway Home 
Intersections and street corners just me and this sign
Homeless and any little bit will help.
Been halfway to home a thousand times
Can't seem to bring myself to go back.

Hunger sets in like the dark of night
But I'm free out here with choices I make.
Ain't got a dollar to my name
Freedom you can't buy anyway and I don't need fame.

Livin' under a bridge any little bit helps
Livin' on the streets any winds blow seems right.
Livin' under a bridge and takin' step by step
Tryin' to get at least halfway to home.

I wake up with the sun as she peers through the morning sky
Homeless and wandering troubles all by and by.
I'll meet ya on the other side from here to then

My freedom is all I need and glory is in my pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment